Orlando Surgical Session 4
Orlando | 7/14/2017 – 7/15/2017 | $3,750 Per course
Surgical Session 4 is dedicated to treatment of the posterior maxilla. Sinus lifts and sinus grafting is presented in detail. The unique aspects of the program include maxillary sinus pathology and pharmacology. Complications of this region are also covered. The hands-on laboratory sessions are performed on unique models developed specifically for the MIII for both sinus lifts and grafts.
- Maxillary Sinus Anatomy
- Pathology and Histology
- Surgical Approach and Treatment Plans in the Posterior Maxilla
- Keys to Sinus Bone Grafting
- Sinus Graft – Rationale
- Sinus Graft – Pharmacology
- Sinus Graft – Materials
- Sinus Surgery Complications
- Sinus Lift
- Treatment Planning for the Edentulous Maxilla
- Implant Surgery for D4 Bone Density
- Implant Surface Conditions
- Laboratories – workshops
- Describe and perform the sinus graft procedure in the edentulous posterior maxilla.
- Understand the “keys to bone grafting” as applied to sinus elevations.
- Understand the different categories of bone grafting materials and their role in the sinus graft protocol.
- Recognize the differences between sinus lift and sinus graft procedures.
- Learn the steps to perform a sinus lift surgery with predictable results.
- Provide radiographic interpretation and treatment plans for completely edentulous maxillae.
- List the treatment options to provide fixed prosthetic support for prosthesis in maxillary posterior edentulous sites.
- Describe the maxillary sinus anatomy of partially and completely edentulous patients.
- Diagnose the types of pathology most often observed in the maxillary sinus.
- Recognize four different gingival approaches to the treatment of bone grafting in the posterior maxillary edentulous region.
- Compare the surgical approach of bone condensation or compression with bone extraction techniques in conjunction with implant placement.
- Treatment plan the completely edentulous maxilla for fixed or removable implant prostheses.
- Describe implant body surface conditions and list the advantages and disadvantages of each condition.
- Understand the pharmacology protocol for sinus grafts.
- Perform the sinus graft procedure on a demonstration model.