Orlando Florida Surgical Session 2
Orlando | 3/31/2017 – 4/1/2017 | $3,750 Per course
Treatment of the Edentulous Arch
Surgical Session 2 advances the clinician’s skill level and knowledge of dental implants specific for the maxillary and mandibular edentulous arch. This surgical session of the Misch International Implant Institute will address all treatment plans including overdentures and fixed implant prostheses. The number and position of implants will be discussed in detail for implant-supported overdentures, soft-tissue supported overdentures, and fixed prostheses. Interactive treatment planning will be used to teach the attendee the use of surgical templates and reduction guides for implant placement in edentulous arches. Additionally, a comprehensive lecture will be given on medical and medication relative and absolute contraindications.
The hands-on component of this course will include exercises in tissue stretching to achieve tension-free closure, exposure of the mental foramen, advanced suturing, implant placement for overdentures, and implant placement for fixed prostheses utilizing guided surgical techniques.
- Maxillary and Mandibular CBCT Anatomy
- Fixed Implant Prosthesis Treatment Planning
- Implant Overdenture Treatment Planning
- Bone Density Surgical Protocol Modifications
- Cement vs. Screw Retained Prostheses
- Medical Evaluation of the Dental Implant Patient
- Exposure of the Mental Foramen
- CBCT Treatment Planning
- Tissue Closure and Suturing Techniques
- Dual Scan CBCT Technique
- Describe and perform the step by step surgical protocol of the edentulous maxillary and mandibular arches.
- Understand the surgical protocol modifications with respect to different bone densities
- Understand and apply principles for soft tissue incision, reflection and suturing in conjunction with root form placement.
- Compare the surgical approach for ideal bone and compromised bone quality and quantity
- Appreciate and reduce the consequences of pressure and heat generation during implant osteotomy procedures.
- Describe the surgical anatomy of the posterior mandible, with emphasis on the safe zone for endosteal implants.
- Perform a detailed surgical uncovery of root form implants which is dependent upon the soft and hard tissue conditions.
- Describe and treat the complications of root form surgery and the treatment of long term root form complications.
- List six treatment plan options for removable restorations in a completely edentulous patient.
- Provide radiographic interpretation for partially and completely edentulous patient conditions with available bone height.
- Understand the various systemic diseases and medications that increase the morbidity of implant surgery.
- Learn hands-on technique for tissue stretching and exposure of the mental foramen.